Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting rid of these damn fake virus protectors

Over the past few months I've seen a dozen computer infected with these ransomware programs.  Not sure how everyone is getting it.... clicking on the wrong link probably the main reason my guess.  The fact is these things SUCK - they've been a pain to get rid of.  Just wanted to pass along my single source of removing almost everything.
I've used it on the following BAD programs:

InfoStealer
XP AntiVirus 2008
XP AntiVirus 2009


Malwarebytes can be downloaded at:

http://www.malwarebytes.org

This has become the best tool in my collection of malware killers.  It hasn't failed me yet.
Install - update - run full scan - that's pretty much it.
It's free but feel free to buy their purchase versions.

The best testimonial I've heard about this is from MajorGeeks.com

"Using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is like bringing an M4 to a knife fight."

No comments: